Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day at the track

Well, it's good to save a little bit on New Year's eve so that you can start the New Year on a good note. There were a lot of options to choose from - the Dammit Run, the Hamilton Hill Climb - but I chose to stick with my training program and do some trackwork today. Nothing too early since I was up until 2:30 last night, enjoying the traditional neighborhood New Year's eve crawl - 6 x 800 at 4PM was fine.
I always love the track sessions as they are so challenging. Today the goal was to do the above described at a pace of 3:13. The first one was too slow and also tough, so I was a bit discouraged, but as I got going I found that I could just hold the necessary pace. I kept all 6 within 5 seconds, with my first being the slowest. 2 were at 3:12, 2 at 3:14, 2 at 3: 18 or so... Then it was over, just like that.
Here we are in 2009, hope you all did something fun, or have a good day planned over this long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment