Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Rancho Run

I am really down to three runs a week now, a long one, a tempo run and track work. It is my attempt to follow the FIRST method of decreased mileage and increased intensity. On top of that I am doing at least two additional days of cross training, which is a welcome break from the heavy mileage approach that usually leads to stiffer joints, soarer muscles, and basically tougher training. Now of course the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, i.e. am I getting faster on my feet, or is it just good for my swimming and spinning muscles?
Yesterday Justine, Pat and I ran Rancho. It was actually a lot of fun and a good cure for the malaise I am feeling in this climate (well, both climates actually, the weather and the economy). They went up Rogue Valley together and I did Wildcat Canyon and met them at the top, basically getting in some hill speed while Justine did her first real hill run. Nice day and good work, but unfortunately Jusinte stepped wrong in the last mile and tweaked her ankle, so it was a mixed outing for her.

Total mileage? I'm counting it as 7

No comments:

Post a Comment